Class/Workshop Proposal 2022
If you are interested in teaching a class or workshop at NMFF – Applications are now being accepted. Please complete the following steps as a Class/Workshop proposal:
Fill out the form below.
Email: A photo that represents the class or workshop (finished product, equipment used, etc.)
Email: Your teaching resume
Email: A short (2 paragraphs max) personal bio
Email: A photo of you or one that represents you (your work)
Email items from steps 2-5 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not have email capability, mail your information to:
Northern Michigan Fiber Festival
c/o Gretchen Diffin, Workshop Chair
14403 Urban Road
Posen, MI 49776
Important Notes for Class/Workshop Proposals:
1) Classes will be held indoors at the Aplex Events Complex in Alpena, Michigan. The building has heat and air conditioning and all floors are carpet. There is a kitchen classroom available. Teachers are responsible for complete clean-up of their area within 30 minutes of class ending or they will not be allowed back.
2) Classes will be held on Saturday and Sunday of the Northern Michigan Fiber Festival.
3) Although the Festival does not open to the public until 10am on Sunday, morning classes will begin at 9am.
4) Class times and dates will be determined by the Workshop Chair.
5) Any cancellation after September 1st will result in a $50 fee.
6) No class auditing will be allowed unless the person auditing has paid their class fee.
7) Teachers accept full responsibility for any loss, injury, or damage to persons, property, or goods that may be sustained while on the premises.
The goal for classes and workshops at NMFF is to provide interest-catching, exciting, informative and first-rate fiber art education for our students. Following is a small list of those areas that may catch the interest of NMFF attendees:
Lace Making, Braiding, Crochet, Dyeing, Embroidery, Felting (wet and needle), Fiber Preparation, Garment Design, Hand spinning, Knitting, Paper Making, Quilting, Rug Hooking, Sewing, Surface Design, Tatting, Weaving, Color Theory, Basket Weaving, Grading Fiber, Mixing Fibers, Pattern Modification, etc. Others may be considered.
NOTE: There is a $15 administration fee per student added to your class/workshop charge. Please be aware that $15 will be added to the instructor fee you list.